Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Definitely Feeling Better!

Last night I went out for 5 miles, and felt so much better than Saturday, TG! My time was 47:58, my plan was to do mile 1 & 2 "quicker", mile 3 slower, then 4 & 5 quicker again. It went pretty good, I liked knowing that I was going to get a chance to recover. I also tried out my new water belt, I really liked it! For those of you that have asked, there have been NO Trail Hottie sightings, I'm starting to think that he was a mirage!!!

I don't remember if I included this info in my post from Saturday, but I also have new insoles that I'm trying to get used to, so I'm sure that was part of the problem. The new insoles were reccomended by the Ortho Surgeon that I saw on Friday for my on-going foot problem. Since I had that bone removed 4 years ago, the nerve on the side of my foot has "shifted" out more and has become really inflamed. It's also in the same spot as the infamous blister! So, the insoles are supposed to slightly change the way my foot hits, thus keeping it from rubbing in the same spot. It seems to be working, but they aren't as "cushy" as before, but we'll see how they work out. I would love to be able to switch them out at some point....
Today I am on sight for a photo shoot for work, I might try to post some pictures from it later! We are shooting the cover for our catalog and a special ad that was my idea, very exciting!!

10 comments:

Jess said...

Glad to hear that you are feeling better with your running! Good luck today with your photo shoot.

Marcy said...

Oooohhh is that belt is good? I've been hemming and hawing FOREVER, deciding if I want a Nathan one or a regular Fuel Belt. Sweet! I guess now I know ;-)

P.O.M. said...

Mirage of hottie? Heck no - he will be back. There is a beach running hottie that I used to see, but he only runs in the afternoon. I am a morning runner. This has made it impossible for us to fall in love, get married, have babies and retire. But I'm working on it.

Aron said...

thats the fuel belt i have!! pink of course :) i love it!!

glad your running went better today. the bad days make the good ones that much better!

Steve Stenzel said...

Nice run! Way to go!!!

jahowie said...

It sounds like your running is going very well. I'll be watching for the pics from your ad. :-)

Vickie said...

Question about the belt: does it bounce at all? How much water do the bottles hold?

M*J*C said...

Hi Vickie-
This belt didn't bounce at all for me, I think it's because the belt itself is wide and stretchy, and it fastens with velcro. I was able to get it placed on a good spot on my hips and it totally stayed. I think the bottles hold 12 oz each? Not sure though...

Anonymous said...

I really like your fuel belt. I am in need of a new one. Nice job on the run.

ncrunner12 said...

nice run, looking forward to the photo shoot picks

Words of Wisdom

"Promise yourself to be so strong that nothing will disturb your peace of mind.
See the sunny side of everything and make your optimism come true.
Think only of the best, work only for the best and expect only the best.
Forget about the mistakes of the past and press on to the greater achievements of the future.
Spend so much time on the improvement of yourself that there is no time to criticize others.
Live in the faith that the whole world is on your side so long as you are true to the best that is in you."
~ Chistian Dior

"Trust yourself. You know more than you think you do."
- Dr. Spock

"Fall in love or fall in hate. Get inspired or be depressed. Ace the test or flunk the class. Make babies or make art. Speak the truth or lie and cheat. Dance on tables or sit in the corner. Life is divine chaos. Embrace it. Forgive yourslef. Breathe. And enjoy the ride. "
- Solbeam