Friday, July 4, 2008

Brentwood Firecracker 5k - PR!

I did it! My goal was to finish the 5k under 30 minutes and I did it in 28:34, I was totally happy! There were 1,278 people, that put me in 767th place overall (so funny to hear that!) and 76th in my age group. Wooooooooo hoooooooo, that's all fine by me!
After the run I helped my mom out with the parade, the kids were so cute with their pom poms, it was a great parade!
Once I got home I was ready for a nice nap, then it was off to my neighborhood block party. TONS of food and plenty of margaritas! Now I'm home and ready to get to bed!
I hope everyone had a great 4th!

9 comments:

Erin Leigh said...

WTG, that has to be exciting!!! Great time. And awesome about that mile, under 8 is phenominal!!

Anonymous said...

I knew you were going to break 30! Great job. Hope you had a margarita to celebrate your PR.

Anonymous said...

Great job on the PR!

Jess said...

Congrats on the PR! That's totally awesome! Hope you had a great 4th!

Steve Stenzel said...

WOW! That's a lot faster than your goal! Way to PR!!!!

ncrunner12 said...

Congratulations on making your goal, you destroyed it! Glad you had a great 4th.

Aron said...

awesome job!!!!!

P.O.M. said...

yeah! Good job.

Yes, Anvil's are good for getting us to realize that and EX is an EX for a reason!

Midwest said...

Yay! Good for you, nailing a PR, then celebrating with margaritas. BTW, I love your "about me." I feel much the same way about running.

Words of Wisdom

"Promise yourself to be so strong that nothing will disturb your peace of mind.
See the sunny side of everything and make your optimism come true.
Think only of the best, work only for the best and expect only the best.
Forget about the mistakes of the past and press on to the greater achievements of the future.
Spend so much time on the improvement of yourself that there is no time to criticize others.
Live in the faith that the whole world is on your side so long as you are true to the best that is in you."
~ Chistian Dior

"Trust yourself. You know more than you think you do."
- Dr. Spock

"Fall in love or fall in hate. Get inspired or be depressed. Ace the test or flunk the class. Make babies or make art. Speak the truth or lie and cheat. Dance on tables or sit in the corner. Life is divine chaos. Embrace it. Forgive yourslef. Breathe. And enjoy the ride. "
- Solbeam