Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Music Must Haves - Tell Me Yours!

I am in the process of updating my IPod with all my favorites, and got to thining, I bet there are a ton of songs that I've totally forgotten about. So, what are your favorites for the long runs? Favorites for the short ones? Heck, you can tell me your favorite tunes for anything! I LOVE music! If someone found my ipod they would definitely think it belonged to at least 3 different people, totally a diverse mix of music.
What are my favorites? Funny you should ask....
Need pumped up? Gotta go with "List of Demands" by Saul Williamson. Best Song Ever!
Wanna pick up the tempo? Try "Sour Cherry" by The Kills
Going for the longer, slower pace, feeling a little mellow? "Falls Apart" by Sugar Ray
Need a pick up in the middle? "Not Given Up" by Natasha Bedingfield
Looking for a little "dig deep" music with a Country twang? "How Bad Do You Want It" by Tim McGraw will do the trick (*even if you don't like country this song is worth listening to)
Some of my other favorites -
"Salute Your Salution" The Raconteurs
"Bleed it Out" Linkin Park
"Pork and Beans" Weezer
"Psycho" Puddle of Mudd
Soooooo many more!!! I can't wait to hear what your favorites are...

Update from Tuesday Nights Run
Went back to Peters Trail (no sign of the Trail Hottie!)
I had 4 miles on my schedule, my goal was to pick up my pace, and I'm pretty happy with how I did. Keep in mind, this whole "faster than 10 minute miles" is new to me!
Total time - 37:16
Mile 1 - 8:32
Mile 2 - 9:55
Mile 3 - 9:54
Mile 4 - 8:50

I'm looking forward to doing this again, but my goals will be different. I think I'll shoot for keeping them all under 9:15.

10 comments:

Aron said...

SO awesome you did this post today! i just sent out an email to my friends to send me their fav songs for my race playlist! i am in desparate need of some new music (i wrote all your songs down!)

my fav running songs right now are:
untouched by the veronicas
mercy by duffy
sugar, we're goin' down by fall out boy
disturbia by rhiana

if i think of more i will let you know! i will be checking your comments to see what else people have to say... or maybe i should do my own music post :)

awesome job on the run!!!

teacherwoman said...

Nice job on the run, and thanks for sharing your favorite tunes!

Here are a few of mine:
Word Up - Korn
Stevie Ray Vaughan - Pride and Joy
Madonna and JT - 4 minute
Duffy - Mercy

If I think of more, I will share.

Anonymous said...

You are doing such a great job with your running. I don't run with music. But Taylor Swift I'm only me when I'm with you. It's a cute upbeat song, that you could run to and Sugarland All I want to do. For a more classic rock feel I always enjoy Led Zeppelin.

jahowie said...

Wow you had an amazing run there!! You were really flying on the first mile. One of my favorite songs that gets me pumped up is "Cult of Personality" by Living Colour I know it shows my age, but I used to listen to it before I would run races in high school.

Keep up the good work on your running. :-)

Erin Leigh said...

I will def get back to you with some songs. At my parents now. Love these posts cause I am always looking for new music.

Seriously, your times are awesome. I would be thrilled too! Can't wait to get to that mark.

Marcy said...

Ooohh girl I'm outta ideas. In fact I might steal some of yours LMAO! I was just thinking that I needed to revamp my playlist as well *sigh*

Looking good with the run ;-)

P.O.M. said...

These are my fav lately, but I'm always updating my "pod."
* Forever by Chris Brown
* Inspiration by Ian Van Dahl (love this song!)
* Say Yeah by Wiz Khalifa
* Feel Alive by Benassi Bros.

I'm kinda a hip/hop and techno girl when it comes to running.

Steve Stenzel said...

I LOVE "List of Demands!"

I know it's cheesy, but I like "Stronger" by Kanye West. That song was overplayed while I was training for IM WI, and I sung it (outloud) to myself while on the 112 mile bike. Now, when I hear it, it pumps me up!!

ncrunner12 said...

Awesome work! And a great post, I'm always looking for some new music to run with. Lately I've gotten hooked on podcasts though, Phedippidations by Steve Runner is a great one.

For some music,
Don't stop believin' -Journey
Stronger -Kanye West
When you were young -The Killers
Are you gonna go my way -Lenny Kravitz
Bawitdaba -Kid Rock
Numb/Encore -Linkin Park & Jay Z
American Idiot -Green Day
Remember the name -Fort Minor Feat. Styles of Beyond

Don't stop believin was the last song that came on to push me through my first half marathon... it worked well.

Laura said...

I love country (my last marathon, I listened to Rascal Flatts the whole time!), but haven't heard "How Bad Do You Want It." Getting it now though!

Also, "If You're Going Through Hell" is a great one :)

Words of Wisdom

"Promise yourself to be so strong that nothing will disturb your peace of mind.
See the sunny side of everything and make your optimism come true.
Think only of the best, work only for the best and expect only the best.
Forget about the mistakes of the past and press on to the greater achievements of the future.
Spend so much time on the improvement of yourself that there is no time to criticize others.
Live in the faith that the whole world is on your side so long as you are true to the best that is in you."
~ Chistian Dior

"Trust yourself. You know more than you think you do."
- Dr. Spock

"Fall in love or fall in hate. Get inspired or be depressed. Ace the test or flunk the class. Make babies or make art. Speak the truth or lie and cheat. Dance on tables or sit in the corner. Life is divine chaos. Embrace it. Forgive yourslef. Breathe. And enjoy the ride. "
- Solbeam