Thursday, July 3, 2008

The Weekend is Almost Here!

It is so nice that today is the final day of the work week! Tomorrow I will be running in the Brentwood Firecracker 5K. It's a great "out and back" course that is usually packed with runners and spectators. My Mom's dancing school is in Brentwood, so every year her students (the 3-6 year olds) are in the parade that follows the race. So after I finish my out and back I will head back down to the turnaround of the race, that's where the parade starts. I'll "march" along with them and keep the little one's in line! It should be a fun time though!
I'm excited for the 5K, I haven't run much this week because my foot has been bothering me. I'm hoping that it will feel pretty good for tomorrow though. I haven't done a 5K under 30 minutes in a while and I am REALLY hoping to finish it under 29.
Hope you all have a Happy Fourth of July!

3 comments:

Jess said...

Sounds like a lot of fun! Good luck in the race tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

You are going to do great tomorrow. You are certainly capable of breaking 30 minutes. have a fun weekend.

teacherwoman said...

Goodluck tomorrow and have a wonderful 4th of July weekend!

Words of Wisdom

"Promise yourself to be so strong that nothing will disturb your peace of mind.
See the sunny side of everything and make your optimism come true.
Think only of the best, work only for the best and expect only the best.
Forget about the mistakes of the past and press on to the greater achievements of the future.
Spend so much time on the improvement of yourself that there is no time to criticize others.
Live in the faith that the whole world is on your side so long as you are true to the best that is in you."
~ Chistian Dior

"Trust yourself. You know more than you think you do."
- Dr. Spock

"Fall in love or fall in hate. Get inspired or be depressed. Ace the test or flunk the class. Make babies or make art. Speak the truth or lie and cheat. Dance on tables or sit in the corner. Life is divine chaos. Embrace it. Forgive yourslef. Breathe. And enjoy the ride. "
- Solbeam