Sunday, June 8, 2008

Saturday's 5K

Two words - Soooooooooo HOT!!!! The temperature was around 83 for the race with major humidity, I definitely should have been drinking more fluids over the past couple days. I was hoping to do it under 30 minutes, but ended up at 30:05. Not bad considering the heat!
The crazy thing is that throughout the rest of the day my body was so weak, and that was just after a 5K! I knew it had nothing to do with the distance, it was total shock from the heat. That was a big lesson for me! The whole day consisted of sleeping, drinking, sleeping, sleeping,drinking! Finally by 5pm I was getting back to "normal"!
All in all, I'm so glad I did it! It was a great learning experience for sure!
Oh, also I ran it in my new Asics, I LOVE them!

1 comment:

Vickie said...

Good job on your run. And yes, the heat will suck the life out of you when you're not used to it. But everyone had the same problem that day, so you weren't alone.

Words of Wisdom

"Promise yourself to be so strong that nothing will disturb your peace of mind.
See the sunny side of everything and make your optimism come true.
Think only of the best, work only for the best and expect only the best.
Forget about the mistakes of the past and press on to the greater achievements of the future.
Spend so much time on the improvement of yourself that there is no time to criticize others.
Live in the faith that the whole world is on your side so long as you are true to the best that is in you."
~ Chistian Dior

"Trust yourself. You know more than you think you do."
- Dr. Spock

"Fall in love or fall in hate. Get inspired or be depressed. Ace the test or flunk the class. Make babies or make art. Speak the truth or lie and cheat. Dance on tables or sit in the corner. Life is divine chaos. Embrace it. Forgive yourslef. Breathe. And enjoy the ride. "
- Solbeam