Monday, June 8, 2009

Back in the Days....

Well, I don't have too much to update on....I'm making progress, so that's good. I can't remember if I ever fully updated about my hip situation, in case I didn't here you go....the MRI showed a small tear in the labrum, so no surgery, just more PT. My ankle is coming along, I'm now able to do the stairmaster (for 5 minutes)!
Not running is still totally sucking, not going to races is sucking even more, missing out on all the fun is sucking the worst! However, I am able to walk around without being in total pain and I've even progressed to cute flats instead of sneakers for a "night out"!
As for the title of this post "Back in the Days"... I came across some old photos of me when I was about 13-15 years old. I used to be totally into horses and extremely competitive at horse shows, traveled all around to tons of them. Anyway, below are 2 pictures from "Back in the Days!"
The first one is me on my horse "Addison", he was so awesome! I had him from the time I was about 12 up to around my junior year in college.
The second picture is me on a horse named "SuperNatural", I started showing him when my horse (Addison) got hurt and was retired. This horse was totally cool too....

Just thought these were kind of cool pics and figured that most of my "blog friends" only know 2 things about me....I ran a marathon, and now I'm injured! So now you know a little bit more! LOL!

7 comments:

Marlene said...

Sorry to hear that you're still a little laid up, but yay for progress! Hope to see you back on the road soon.

Cool pics!

Amy - the gazelle said...

Very cool pics! I'm so glad that there will be no surgery - just more PT (and yay for cute flats!)

Carolina John said...

That's cool! horses are dangerous and fun. my wife's family has tons of them. they do more redneck stuff like rodeo's and barrell racing, though.

teacherwoman said...

That is cool! Thanks for sharing! I didn't know that about you!

The Laminator said...

Hey, cool pictures! Racing horses? That's pretty unique!

Thanks for the update though. I was totally wondering what's up with your hip/ankle. Sorry that the rehab/PT is going so slow but at least you're showing some signs of progress!

Way to hang tough. We're all cheering for you!

Aron said...

love the pics!!

glad recovery is still going well... i am sure its not fun but hang in there girl. you have a great attitude and keep it up. you will be back running soon!

Unknown said...

This is a very nice post, so informative and interesting. Thanks for sharing such a great post.


zbsports

Words of Wisdom

"Promise yourself to be so strong that nothing will disturb your peace of mind.
See the sunny side of everything and make your optimism come true.
Think only of the best, work only for the best and expect only the best.
Forget about the mistakes of the past and press on to the greater achievements of the future.
Spend so much time on the improvement of yourself that there is no time to criticize others.
Live in the faith that the whole world is on your side so long as you are true to the best that is in you."
~ Chistian Dior

"Trust yourself. You know more than you think you do."
- Dr. Spock

"Fall in love or fall in hate. Get inspired or be depressed. Ace the test or flunk the class. Make babies or make art. Speak the truth or lie and cheat. Dance on tables or sit in the corner. Life is divine chaos. Embrace it. Forgive yourslef. Breathe. And enjoy the ride. "
- Solbeam